Thursday, May 19, 2016

waky waky church... get it?


Now I say to you that you are Peter (which means 'rock'), and upon this rock I will build my church, and all the powers of hell will not conquer it. (Matt 16:18)

15 When they had finished eating, Jesus said to Simon Peter, “Simon son of John, do you love me more than these?”
“Yes, Lord,” he said, “you know that I love you.”
Jesus said, “Feed my lambs.”
16 Again Jesus said, “Simon son of John, do you love me?”
He answered, “Yes, Lord, you know that I love you.”
Jesus said, “Take care of my sheep.”
17 The third time he said to him, “Simon son of John, do you love me?”
Peter was hurt because Jesus asked him the third time, “Do you love me?” He said, “Lord, you know all things; you know that I love you.”
Jesus said, “Feed my sheep.
(John 21:15-17)

I am pretty sure that Jesus was not just making conversation at the last supper.  I am pretty sure that His words rank higher than any other authors we might find cool to quote... and, I am pretty sure, that Love is meant to be an action and not just feel good reading/preaching material. Why then are we still having moms and their children who make the news?

update:http://www.ky3.com/content/news/murder-charge-kimberly-lightwine-392455991.html

No comments: