Thursday, March 14, 2013

The Pope.....pinch me commentary

The white smoke went up while I was at work and I requested a break to watch what was unfolding.

Between, did hell just freeze over, and OMG, prayers are being answered I watched in awe as the Canadian Vatican deputy spokesman Thomas Rosica stated in a pre-pope emergence interview that problems in the church start when holy leaves (paraphrased). How many churches are out of touch with Jesus's mission statement Isaiah 61:1, 2? How many of us are painfully aware that when holy leaves, problems (in a relationship, marriage, job, etc.) start. Period! It is not exclusive to the church alone.

The choice of Francis for the new pope is also significant. Love St. Francis (spent my first 6 yrs with Franciscan nuns and my last 6 with Salesians. Animals, plants, children, and pure souls are drawn to the pure in heart. To me this was another reference to holy, pure and simple.

My brother went to a Jesuit Boarding School. I could not imagine a better education and the humility and elegance it was carried out with. Francis I looks very promising.

Amen

No comments: